‘Lentil and feta cheese filled’ Christmas Cracker
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 14 minutes
A Christmas cracker with a twist !
- 12 sheets of filo pastry
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 1 large clove of crushed garlic
- 100g mushrooms sliced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 leek chopped
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 200g cooked lentils
- 100g feta cheese crumbled
- 75g dried cranberries
- 50g crushed hazelnuts
- 2 tsps paprika
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Fry the onion, garlic with the leek, celery and carrot for 10 minutes
- Add the crumbled feta cheese and make sure it melts.
- Add the other ingredients and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Take 3 sheets of filo pastry, put 3 tablespoons of the mixture in the middle of the filo pastry and roll up. (Be careful, filo pastry dries out very quickly. Open the packet last minute). Scrunch the edges and knot it with some chives or sting to make it look like a cracker.
- Brush some olive oil over the crackers and put them in the oven (180 degrees) for 7 minutes. Turn over the crackers and bake for another 7 minutes.
- Serve immediately